Monday, April 7, 2008

Music

Well it seems today that I couldn't make without music being apart of my online life. So I tried a few different Music Players that came with Ubuntu. Audacious and XMMS seems to both be identical and be very very similar to WinAMP. After a few moments I was able to change the font in both of them to make them readable, the biggest other difference is the file browser, but you can even change that luckily in the preferences options.


By God I think I found heaven. Yes it's true, there is a player out there comparable to WinAMP if Not Better! I shortly after getting XMMS working correctly the way I like it found Amarok, the all in one home listening studio. By Default it even shows the song in a similar way to the WinAMP popup when the player is not on screen so you now what song is coming up next in case you want to skip it. A few quick changes and it shows the OSD in the bottom right corner the way I like and without the Album or file location info. It shows the album art perfectly by downloading it itself and another tab shows the Wikipedia info about the artist your listening to, amazing for quick research if you want to know if they did indeed sing that song your thinking of.

Last night before I went to nadaland I did mange to get a very simple looking Conky install working since I don't like the builtin task manage I needed something to show processes simply to know if something has stopped responding or is a memory hog.

No comments: